The Skrdlovice glassworks, originally named Beranek glassworks, was founded by Emanuel Beranek and his three brothers in 1940. Emanuel was designer, joined by his two sons in the 1950’s, Jan Beranek and Jindrich Beranek. Other designers to work at Skrdlovice include Milena Veliskova, Maria Stahlikova, Jan Kotik, Jaroslav Svoboda, Jarmila Svoboda, Pavel Jezek, Ladislav Oliva and Frantisek Vizner. Skrdlovice later became Beranek again after re-privatisation. The Beranek factory closed in 2008.