The majolica factory in Schramberg was the first stoneware factory in the then Kingdom of Württemberg. It was founded in 1820 by Isidor Faist, a pottery expert from Nordrach. In 1883 the factory was sold to Villeroy & Boch. From 1930 many new designs appeared on the market: Bauhaus influences and Art Déco appeared. After the war, Peter Meyer was able to take over the factory again. Highly qualified designers such as Elfriede (Elfi) Stadler from Austria or Solveig Eriksson from Sweden succeeded Eva Zeisel’s Art Deco designs.