Ü-Keramik (Ransbach-Baumsbach 1909-1990) was founded in 1909 by tinder-maker Johann Übelacker. The company used white clay. A large part of the production was exported to Scandinavia and Austria. Heinz Hommerich (art-director) developed a bright red glaze in 1954 and this was the first mass-produced glaze in Germany. Main designers were Heinz Hommerich and Leonhard Steiger. The company went bankrupt in 1990.