Potterij Zaalberg formerly Aardewerkfabriek ‘De Rijn’ (Zoeterwoude 1918 -). Earthenware factory ‘De Rijn’ founded by Herman Zaalberg sr. In 1918. Converted to N.V. ‘De Rijn’ in 1925. In addition to its own products, especially flower vases. He worked with Chris Agterberg, Theo van Doesburg, Chris Lebeau, Jan Schonk and others. In 1937, the company was transferred to his son Meindert Zaalberg. In 1962, Potterij Zaalberg was taken over by the two sons of Meindert Zaalberg; Herman Jr. and Gijb Zaalberg. Meindert Zaalberg moves to Ommen, where he starts his own studio, Zaalberg Pottershuis Ommen.