Glassworks Theresienthal (1836 – ), foundation as Royally Bavarian Privilleged Glassworks Theresienthal by Franz and Wilhelm Steigerwald in 1836. King Ludwig II (1869 – 1886) builds his famous castles and palaces and orders a lot of glass from Theresienthal. Upon 1900 – during the Art Nouveau period – many famous artists work with Theresienthal (e.g. Hans Christiansen). Egon von Poschinger sells in 1973 Theresienthal to Max Gangkofner and to the Hutschenreuther AG.