Zwiesel Kristallglas AG (Zwiesel Germany 1872 – ). First a simple factory that manufactured glass plates, founded by Anton Mueller and sold in 1884 to the Tasche brothers from Cologne. In 1927 the company merged with the Jenaer Glaswerk Schott & Gen. After 1931, glass bottles were produced in addition to glass plates. From 1953, crystal drinking glasses were also produced, as well as the famous Jena heat resistant glass. In 1972, the name was changed to Schott Zwiesel Glaswerke AG. In 1976, Christinenhütte was established as part of the company and mainly produced luxury tableware, crystal vases and decorative items.